Business Plan Preparation
In addition to conducting the feasibility study, Leisure Business
Advisors LLC (LBA) can expand this effort to include an initial
business plan. This can be done from the start of the consulting
assignment, or added after the standard feasibility study has been
The purpose of a business plan is different than that for a typical feasibility study. The feasibility study evaluates the market and financial potential of the project. The business plan explains how the developer will specifically achieve this potential. It needs to persuade skeptical readers that the developer has the ability to take the project to completion. The following paragraphs outline our typical process in preparing a business plan.
Task 1: Questionnaire
LBA first provides a detailed questionnaire of the planned project and its developer. This questionnaire would particularly cover standard business plan topics that are not directly discussed in our feasibility study.
Task 2: Interviews
LBA interviews key individuals involved with the project in order to answer the business plan questionnaire. These interviews could be conducted individually or in groups. If specific questions can not be immediately answered, we follow-up later by phone and e-mail.
Task 3: Plan Preparation
Based on information provided in these interviews and our feasibility study, LBA prepares the initial business plan. Specific topics include:
- Company (legal structure, ownership, and history).
- Developer and Key Management (names, roles, and background).
- Industry (description, growth, trends, and prospects).
- Planned Project (description and major components).
- Strategic Aspects - SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
- Marketing (target market and competitive position).
- Anticipated Timeline (key milestones, likely construction period, and expected opening date).
- Development Budget (preliminary estimates based on comparable projects).
- Financial Performance (operating pro forma, financing assumptions, cash flow analysis, break-even analysis, and business ratios).
Types of Attractions
The types of leisure attractions that LBA serves include the following. Click on one of these types for selected past projects:
Click on one of these links for additional information.